Friday, February 7, 2014

Happy 4th Birthday, Elijah!

Elijah turned four today.  I really love this stage in his life.  He's big enough that he can express himself well enough for Aimee and me to understand him, and that playing with him - mostly some form of rough housing - is a lot of fun for me.  I love how excited he gets about things.  He jumps up and down, yells, waves his arms...  I especially loved when I picked him up from his Sunday school class and when I took him to Aimee he said (jumping excitedly), "Mom, my teacher said God loves me!  And my teacher loves me too!"

Anyway, here's the Little Man opening presents.  As always, click on the pics to enlarge them.



Eli asked for this Flashlight Friend, and Gamma and Gampa got it for him.  I wish I'd been filming him at this point so I could've captured his excitement.


This was a Mario Brothers themed birthday, starting with these action figures.




Mario Kart!

He loves these steering wheels, though he still has a hard time playing game.



Toy shaving cream and razor!


Mario Karts!

This is one of his Mario Karts.

Eli loves the Berenstain Bears, and has an extensive collection of their books and cartoons, but this one is new to him.


After presents, the little boys took a bath.

That shaving cream came in handy.  Even Jer-Bear got in on the act!

After their bath, it was cake time.  Yeah, that's backward, but it's the way things worked out.



The Mario Brothers theme continues!
I was deployed over 2013-2014.  I missed All the kids' and Aimee's birthdays.  Eli's is the first birthday of 2014, and I'm grateful to know this year I'll be present for all their birthdays and other holidays.

Happy birthday, my Little Man!  I'll always remember you like this!

7 February 2010.  "Dad!  Get me away from this crazy lady!"

No comments: