Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas!

This Christmas, Aimee's parents visited again.  We picked them up from Kansas City International Airport on the 25th, so we celebrated on the 26th.  The kids did open one present each on the night of the 25th.  This first set of pics is from the night of the 25th.


Thanks to modern technology, Abuelita got to watch the kids open presents, even though she couldn't be here.







This next set is from our actual Christmas celebration on the morning of the 26th.



Abigail actually asked for a jar of pickles for Christmas.  Seriously.



Eli's been wanting to watch "Despicable Me 2" for months!

That fuzzy thing is Heidi's tail.



Aimee and I got this purse for Hadassah in Yoder, KS.

Jer-Bear's getting into opening presents.


The kids got a lot more presents, but I didn't want to spend all that time behind a camera (good advice from my father-in-law).  There were a few more presents, however, that I wanted to capture on video.

Jer-Bear loved his remote controlled Thomas the Tank Engine.


These wooden Amish toys we picked up in Yoder, KS were a big hit with both little boys.  Eli loved his so much that Aimee asked him if he wanted to open more presents and he replied, "No, thanks."


Finally, Abuelita bought the little kids (Abi, Eli and Jer-Bear) a Power Wheel.  Aimee's been wanting to buy the kids one for years.  I always said, no, because I want them running around and getting exercise when they play outside.  But my mom saw them having so much fun with a neighbor kid's Power Wheel last time we visited, she bought one without asking me.  Grandparents' prerogative!


Aimee made some totally awesome cinnamon rolls for breakfast.




The secret to great cinnamon rolls is lots of cinnamon, lots of brown sugar and lots of butter.  Totally unhealthy, and delicious!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

UDATE: It occurred to me after I wrote this that one of my favorite things about being a dad is that I get to see Christmas through my kids' eyes.

No comments: