Lately, Jer-Bear has been napping in the late afternoon. That may not seem like a big deal to people who have normal babies, but our babies don't sleep. No, really. They don't sleep! Ever since Jer-Bear moved onto his big boy bed with his brothers, however, he's been getting up around 6:00 am with the other kids (the older kids, from Abi up, start classes at 7:00 am). Because of that, he now passes out - quite suddenly, I might add - while hanging out in the family room (the other kids do classes in all the other rooms).![]() |
| Our family room looks like a preschool, because that's what it is. |
It brought back a very sweet memory for me. Back in 2011, I ran the Ruckus obstacle course race outside of Kansas City, MO. Aimee and the kids went with me, and the kids even ran a mini Ruckus just for kids. We stayed in a hotel the night after the race. Sometime after midnight, Eli woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. He and I watched "Curious George" 2, then 1, while the rest of the family slept. We started to watch "The Cat in the Hat" (the cartoon on PBS), when Aimee woke up and took her shift.
It was a rough drive back to the Fort Riley area the next day, but those few hours - just my Little Man and me - were precious. And because we have older kids, I also already know how fleeting they are.

No comments:
Post a Comment